1. A hand drawn schematic can be provided and will be redrawn in Altium
2. An Altium file can be provided
3. A netlist from another CAD system can be imported into Altium, currently CAD systems that can be imported are:
1. Design rulesBasic design rules such as track widths, track spacing, via sizes are entered.
2. Electrical constraintsFor more complex designs or high speed designs, electrical contstraints such as impedance control requirements, differential pairs and track lengths need to be considered.
3. Mechanical constraintsUsing the mechanical information supplied, either drawing or .dfx file the board outline will be drawn and hole positions, keep out areas, height restrcitions, critical component placement added to the board area.
4. Component placementComponents will be placed on the board according to the above constraints. A pdf or gerber, if preferred, will be created and sent to you for checking.
5. RoutingCritical nets will be routed first, a pdf or gerber may be sent to you at this stage for review, then the remaining nets will be done.